Ask for a consultation on verifying the level of integrity of systems intended to perform security functions
Verify compliance with the IEC 61511 standard of the systems in use
The use of a reliable safety instrumented system (SIS) passes through the SIL (Safety Integrity Level), which highlights the degree of overall functional safety within complex industrial processes.
For this reason, the consultation for the verification and validation of the SIL level according to the IEC 61511 standard helps you verify that the system provided reaches a suitable SIL level.
Compliance with IEC 61511 sees us directly involved in drafting and supporting your engineering in the following phases:
- Support in component selection from a Functional Safety point of view
- Preparation of the safety plan with contents in accordance with paragraph 5.2.4 of IEC 61511
- Preparation of the SRS document with contents in accordance with paragraph 10 of IEC 61511
- Preparation of the Safety Manual with contents compliant with paragraph 11.2.1 of IEC 61511.
- Preparation of functional test plans and reports
- Preparation of a Safety Analysis Report (SAR) in accordance with NOG 070, for evaluating all the main aspects in relation to functional safety
In addition, validation through software application is just as important. Many potential risks to Safety Instrumented Systems relate to the fault management tools, or to diagnostic functions inactivated during programming. The complete diagnosis of the software is included in our consultancy.
The analysis we carry out to support your functional safety is applicable to any system, whatever its size and complexity: from small stand-alone electromechanical systems, to entire systems distributed throughout the field with multi-platform software (e.g. HIPPS, Turbomachinery, Fire & Gas Systems, etc).
A Safety Instrumented System (SIS) is a complex system that incorporates Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) and is composed of at least three elements: i.e. sensors, safety logic solvers, and final elements such as stop valves or circuit breakers.
IEC 61508 provides the basic framework for functional safety, describing the minimum requirements that equipment and systems must possess in order to be used in different industrial sectors. IEC 61511 expands on these rules, setting out the specific minimum requirements for systems used in production plants and processes.
The conformity process involves the verification and validation of the SIL (Safety Integrity Level). The first step is to select those components that will allow the system as a whole to reach the desired SIL, followed by the development, testing and validation of the application software.
The Reasons why IEC standard 61511 is critical
IEC 61511 is a technical standard related to functional safety which defines and identifies measures […]Read more
How is the PFDavg calculated for IEC 61511?
The most common method for calculating PFDavg in a safety chain is to use the […]Read more
Field returns for IEC 61511
We often hear about field returns in functional safety, but there is often confusion between […]Read more
Follow us on
Why Choose us
- We offer a customized service, adaptable to any system whatever its size and complexity
- This includes a single interface for the hardware and software used to integrate the hardware and to develop and validate the application software
- We use certified software in global use for calculating the individual safety functions and for verifying the final SIL
What some of our customers say about us
"We strongly recommend them as a guarantee of impartiality along the Functional Safety Assessment process, preliminary to the issue of SIL certificate."
"The training course on Functional Safety (IEC 61508) was very useful, well-conceived and well-explained, despite the heaviness of the topics."
"The three biggest benefits you receive from partnering with H-ON are flexibility to adapt to the customers' needs on different types of projects, high technical skilled engineers, as well as reliability on managing projects on time with the expected quality level."
Rotork Fluid System
"Their support in identifying the risks for the SIL calculation and the Performance Level, has allowed us to offer a high level service to our customers."