We provide a highly specialized service for the compliance of equipment installed at plants all around Europe according to the Machinery Directive and local minimum requirements.
CE marking of machines and production lines in use
We adopt a systematic approach to the revamping of plants based on our high degree of specialization in consultancy on matters relating to the Machinery Directive and our experience in the design and manufacture of plants and automation systems.
The uniqueness of our approach allows us to guarantee the most complete technical support for the revamping of production equipment. Specifically, we carry out:
- GAP Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the machinery with respect to the safety requirements set down by the mandatory legislation. This analysis of non-conformities helps the manager of the prevention and protection service, the HSE Manager and the equipment safety managers to plan interventions according to priority, estimate the costs, and carry out each revamping project to schedule.
- Targeted inspection and detailed risk analysis (also available remotely)
- Technical documentation and safety report issuing for the next remediations
- Adjustments and tests carried out accordingly
- Issuing of the relevant documentation certifying the conformity of the equipment made available to workers in accordance with EC requirements or Annex I of the Machinery Directive 2009/104/EC.
- Maintaining machine conformity also with the use of H-DOCS, the proprietary software we developed for monitoring the relevant documentation and that today represents real digital support for HSE functions
We issue the EC declaration of conformity in the name of H-ON Consulting assuming the responsibility of the manufacturer to guarantee conformity of the production equipment.
Lastly, on request, we conduct additional activities including noise tests and electrical tests on the certified machine. We can also perform an earthing continuity test on the electrical panels, thereby covering every need during the testing phase.
Directive 2006/42/EC is the version of the Machinery Directive currently in force; the first version was drafted in 1989 (Directive 89/392/EEC) and subsequently revised in 1998 (Directive 98/37/EC).
The main purposes of the Machinery Directive are as follows:
- to harmonize the health and safety requirements applicable to machinery, based on a high level of health and safety protection
- to guarantee the free movement of machinery within the European market.
The Machinery Directive provides the following definition of “machinery” in
Article 2 Point 1: “An assembly, fitted with or intended to be fitted with a drive system other than directly applied human or animal effort, consisting of linked parts or components, at least one of which moves, and which are joined together for a specific application”.
Every product placed on the market and subject to the Machinery Directive must be accompanied, for its entire useful life, by a CE Declaration of Conformity for machinery, issued by the manufacturer. Annex II of the Directive outlines the minimum contents that must be included in this document, both for machinery and for partly completed machinery.
FAQ about Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
We will summarize the terms of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC in 8 simple points, examine […]Read more
New EHSR in Machinery Directive: last updates
The version of the Machinery Directive currently in force is Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, even though […]Read more
Case Study: Bormioli Pharma
This case study tells about the machinery conformity restoring project we have conducted for Bormioli […]Read more
Follow us on
Why Choose us
- Specialists with over 20 years of operational experience
- We can issue CE certification in the name of H-ON Consulting
- Customization according to the schedule of the revamping project
- Replicability of the method of analysis and management of all kinds of machinery in different countries
What some of our customers say about us
"H-ON Consulting has proven to be a reliable partner with a high level of expertise."
Berco S.p.A. (Thyssenkrupp)
"Thanks to their technical knowledge and ability to provide flexible solutions, they provided us with the most comprehensive support."
"We would like to recommend H-ON Consulting as a reliable partner in the field of machine conformity for its outstanding service."
Parker Hannifin Manufacturing
"The work was beyond our expectations in terms of cost savings and speed of delivery with which we accomplished our goals."
"H-ON Consulting has an unconventional and clever way of thinking that has helped our company to solve practical issues in efficient ways."
DS SMITH Packaging
"We highly recommend H-ON Consulting specifically for their expert industrial knowledge concerning our machines and processes. They have been a valued addition to our team."
AFV Acciaierie Beltrame
"Their skilled engineers have been providing assistance for the safety and compliance of our machineries in the plant of Lonato del Garda (BS) in order to obtain a CE marking.
H-ON managers have demonstrated a high level of professional competence, showing a constant and active involvement throughout the whole project."
Feralpi Siderurgica Spa